Monday, November 8, 2010

We thought there was hope....

Today the prediction for Nashville weather was high 60's. Upon hearing this, we all became overjoyed at the thought that our house becoming a hot box and we could all lose some layers. We all needed a little warmth...

The morning started with me waking to a text from Mary Jo that read:
"I went into work at 7 just for the heat"

I had high hopes though that the warm weather would bring us all a little cheer. The day warmed up and the sun was shining all day! It even hit the 70's. However, we all got home and much to our sadness our thermostat only hit 61 degrees. Needless to say we are all still bundled up as we speak.

Finally, many of us have received condolences from friends and family about our "broken heat". Let me clarify, this is a voluntary choice. We choose to dread coming home, consider not showering, constantly be shivering, and (in general) embrace the life of Eskimos. So, thank you for all of your thoughts but we are the idiots who have chosen this.

For the future... we just found out that even if we wanted to quit WE CANT! None of us have actually called the gas company to set up our heating activation. So don't worry loyal fans, we're in this for the long haul.

1 comment:

  1. Today, I put my tights on, while still wearing my sweatpants.

    ReplyDelete