Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Weekend Alone in Antarctica

About a month ago Erin, Emily and MJ all decided to make a weekend trip to San Diego. I chose to not go. In hindsight, I feel like one of them had a vision of our predicament and knew all along that going to sunny CA was the only option.

Well..... have I got news for you! Currently, it is 66 degrees in the house and was in the 70's all weekend! So roommates.... you got dooped!! California came to me this weekend and let me just tell you what I did with all this inner warmth.

First, I put away the gloves, scarf, and knee-high socks that have permanently resided on my nightstand for the past 3 weeks.

Second, I removed the sweatshirt and pants from the towel rack in the bathroom! Yes, I actually got out of the shower and only used towels instead of immediately wrapping myself up (while still soaking wet) and performed a running squirrel jump into my bed.

Third, I walked around the kitchen without UGG boots and the tile didn't freeze to my feet.

Finally, (and the most exciting) I wore shorts INSIDE the house!!!!

I know that many of you think these are small feats but I promise you they are HUGE! That being said, the temperature is expected to plummet this week; of course, just in time for the return of my roommates. Think they will believe me?

On a side note...
Electric Bill for October--> $169
Electric Bill for November (so far)--> $90
SUCCESS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment